20091107

Chungking Express 重慶森林

I knew this one for a long time! However, haven't really watched it.
To search the point to re-start my project, I watched it last night.

As usual, I like the scene as rough as it presents in front of my eyes. It is a sense of real life, something not very delicate all the time. Colour is strong just like all his movies, for me, I would like to think the heavy tone is a specific humid atmosphere in sub-tropical country. Like my country Taiwan.
Cannot deny that I was influenced by my background a lot when doing my works, especially I didn't come here when young. Maybe it is also the reason I like his movies a lot.
The story, it is always murmuring. The pace is very slow but just like a lullaby; once if you started to listen it, you would be pulled into the melody. There is nowhere to start and it never end. BTW, everyone is so young in the movie lol

Hope this could be a nice beginning :)

No comments: